Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Under the Mango Tree--Tamsin Barzane




























cacao recently participated in Avenue's Ebony Show. Our first fashion show! It was a thrill to be invited, but I was going to pass, not being sure the outlay (for you have to pay!) would be worth the payback.


But I was seduced by the lure of the catwalk and all those teenage perusals of Vogue. Oh yes, child, I wore high style, personally sewn Vogue patterns through high school and college when every other girl had her jeans and T on! And walked through snow drifts in open toed stilettos, too!


I understand the costs. Lag forces organizers to rent a sim, and they pay for models, accessories, designers. There was an afterparty, there were photographers.

But where was I? Well, in rl I was out at the zoo, and a cute little sprite just didn't seem to deserve me rushing back for SL just when she saw her first gorilla...

So I missed it. These wonderful photos were taken by the Avenue folks, and it is fun to see my creations on a shot-hip sylph. And the Avenue folks were very organized, professional and pleasant, so I'm sure the event itself was a big hit, and I really regret not seeing it.

BUT...for those of you who have also been invited to participate in an SL fashion show and are wondering if it's worth it, let me just say this: it took place over a week ago, and I have not had a single sale since.

For my money, being in a hunt brings in interested traffic, though not many sales, and the single best grabber of new customers? Why, it is the economical Midnight Mania board.

They come, they click, they sometimes buy. And as for groups and notices? Do Vain--they're free, pending approval (which ensures quality), and they are the friendliest, funniest group chats ever--I never click them off! Rosalee Canning rules the roost with a wry and happy hand, and Vainers know where EVERYTHING worth knowing in SL is. You can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment